At the Youth Zone
- Planned and invite only one to one sessions for vulnerable young people which includes the Place2Be service.
- Planned and invite only group support sessions for vulnerable young people with up to 15 people in a group.
- Daily one to one drop in sessions that young people will be able to access if support is needed.
In the community
- Outreach and detached youth work in the community to support young people and advise them of the guidance they should be adhering
- Engage with young people outside in the community that are needing the support of their youth workers.
- Wellbeing phone calls for all young people.
- Zoom activity sessions for all young people.
- Live social media events and activities.
- Competitions and challenges on our social media platforms (check out our social media pages below).
We have conducted a detailed COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT which can be viewed here. Please have a look through our FAQ’s here.
Following the recent government announcement and revised guidance from the National Youth Agency, Future Youth Zone will be adapting our offer for young people.
From Thursday 5th November 2020 we are pleased to be able to deliver the following services 7 days a week:
One to One Support including Place2Be Counselling – These sessions will be for young people who need the support of a Youth Worker and our team will invite young people to attend the session on a planned day and time. We hope that this will allow young people the opportunity to discuss any issues they are currently having with a Youth Worker.
One to One Drop In – Everyday we will be advertising times when young people will be able to visit the Youth Zone on their own to have a one to one session with a Youth Worker. Young people wont need to book in advance but will need to ensure they attend during the advertised times and only come on their own.
Support Group Sessions – These sessions will be for groups of young people who need the support of a Youth Worker and our team will invite young people to attend the session. We hope that these sessions will allow young people the opportunity to discuss shared issues, maintain relationships with their peer group and take part in a positive activity.
Zoom Activity Sessions – Our team will be delivering a whole host of activities and sessions via Zoom that will be fun and engaging for young people. Participants will be able to get involved in arts, dance, sports, wellbeing and whole load of other sessions after school and at weekends.
In addition to the above services you might also see our team out and about in the community helping to ensure young people get home safely after school and advising the community of the current government guidance. We’ll be on the phones everyday checking in on members, seeing how everything is going and seeing if there is anything we can do to support. We will also be uploading fun activities and challenges to our social media platforms that the whole family can get involved so make sure you are following us online.
We are really looking forward to be able to have young people back in the Youth Zone as soon as possible but for now we hope that the above services will ensure we are able to continue to provide a young people support during what could be a challenging period of time.
The health, safety and wellbeing of young people, staff, volunteers, visitors and those in the wider community is our top priority and we will continue to do what we can to support those around us. We have revised our ‘Back to the Future’ plans which includes our COVID-19 RISK ASSESSMENT which you can read here.
Please contact our team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 941 6722 if you would like to talk to a member of our team or book on to any of our services.