Make a Difference…
As a brand new charity in Barking and Dagenham, Future Youth Zone offers a chance to make a real difference in the lives of thousands of young people. If you have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to be part of this exciting work coupled with the skills that our roles require, please apply TODAY.
The strength of the OnSide Network of Youth Zones is the diversity of its people, we place huge value on different people doing things in different ways and we welcome applications from what might be considered non-traditional backgrounds. The one thing we all have in common is our desire to raise the aspirations of young people across the country.
You can register your interest for future roles by clicking here
Enterprise and Employability Youth Worker
£25,000per annum (dependent on experience)
40 hours per week (including evening and weekends)
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Enterprise and Employability Youth Worker to take a lead responsibility for the delivery of Future Youth Zone’s Enterprise and Employability offer, ensuring all young people have access to exciting enterprise projects and the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to improve their employability. The post also involves the delivery of a targeted programme to support young people not currently in education, employment or training into positive destinations.
OnSide, the national charity developing a network of national Youth Zones, is creating new Youth Zones which give young people, particularly those who are disadvantaged, somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to. Each Youth Zone is typically a £6.5 million project, open seven days a week, with state-of-the-art facilities for a wide range of sporting, artistic, cultural and general recreational activities and targeted services. With a network of ten Youth Zones now operating in the North West and the Midlands, OnSide has set its sights on developing a national network of Youth Zones, including London, with Future Youth Zone, one of London’s first to open. To access a Youth Zone young people aged 8 – 19 (or 25 with additional needs) simply pay 50p per visit and £5 per year membership.
To lead on the development, delivery and review of the of the Youth Zone’s employability programme and offer by:
- The creation and delivery of a short, targeted employability programme, which not only supports NEET young people into positive destinations, but works with young people to develop in areas such as self-confidence, communication and team work
- The creation and delivery of a job club as part of Future Youth Zones’ core offer
- Establishing and maintaining strong links with partner agencies, training providers and employers
- Ensuring young people have access to information, advice and guidance relating to access to training and employability
- Ensuring young people have access to up to date training and employment opportunities, resources and guidance by maintaining a well-resourced enterprise zone
- To lead on the development, delivery and review of Future Youth Zone’s Enterprise programme and offer, working closely with the Senior and Junior Club leads to ensure enterprise projects take place and contribute towards the core Youth Zone offer
- Carry out regular review and evaluation of the enterprise and employability offer, including capturing the outcomes and positive impacts, recording soft and hard outcomes, presenting case studies and celebrating the achievements of young people
- To achieve KPI’s set by the Board, Chief Executive, Youth Work Manager and external funders, including for example, progression into employment and training or the development of employability skills
- To link into national and local initiatives such as Young Chamber and Young Enterprise, making these available to Future Youth Zone members and creating more opportunities for young people
- To deliver accreditation to young people, including taking responsibility for related administration
- To manage, train, support and develop part-time youth workers and volunteers to contribute to the programme enterprise and employability programme
- To motivate, encourage and support young people to participate fully in sessions
- To manage the enterprise and employability budget and other resources effectively to maximise the benefits to young people
- To work with the Youth Zone staff to identify opportunities and funding for additional experiences and openings for young people relating to enterprise and employability
- To develop effective joint working with schools and other agencies to ensure a holistic approach in service delivery to young people, including representing Future Youth Zone at meetings with partner agencies
- As required, to deputise for the Youth Work Team Leaders and lead sessions, including taking responsibility for the close down and opening up of Future Youth Zone
- To support sessions across the whole Future Youth Zone offer as required, which takes place every evening, weekend and during school holidays and will occasionally include residential work
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Youth Zone team and in creating a fun space for our young people at Future!
FOR A FULL JOB SPECIFICATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE
The strength of the OnSide Network of Youth Zone is the diversity of its people, we place huge value on different people doing things in different ways and we welcome applications from what might be considered non-traditional backgrounds. The one thing we all have in common is our desire to raise the aspirations of young people across the country.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an Enhanced DBS check.
Follow us on Twitter: @FutureYZ
Closing date for applications: Thursday 29th November 2018
Interview day: Tuesday 4th December 2018
Second Interview: Monday 10th December 2018
Please send your CV And Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with a one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying for this position. In addition, please provide the following information:
- Details of your current or most recent remuneration package and notice period;
- If you have at any time been convicted of a criminal offence, please provide the details in strict confidence.
- Confirmation you are eligible to work in the UK (the successful candidate will be required to provide documentary evidence before a job offer is confirmed);
- Any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or the selection process.
Please note – CV’s without cover letters will not be accepted and cover letters must cover all points set out above.
For information regarding how OnSide youth Zones processes your data, please click here: https://www.onsideyouthzones.org/applicant-privacy