Make a Difference…
As a brand new charity in Barking and Dagenham, Future Youth Zone offers a chance to make a real difference in the lives of thousands of young people. If you have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to be part of this exciting work coupled with the skills that our roles require, please apply TODAY.
You can register your interest for future roles by clicking here
Youth and Community Engagement Worker
Barking and Dagenham Youth Zone
Youth and Community Engagement Worker
Circa £22,000 pro rata (dependent on experience)
20 hours per week
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Youth Worker to be involved in the development of London’s first OnSide Youth Zone, supporting the pre-opening process, engaging with local young people and supporting the development of an exciting and challenging programme of activities!
OnSide is creating new Youth Zones [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb18h1TPRNE] which give young people, particularly those who are disadvantaged, somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to. Each Youth Zone is typically a £6.5 million project, open seven days a week, with state-of-the-art facilities for a wide range of sporting, artistic, cultural and general recreational activities and targeted services. With a network of ten Youth Zones now operating in the North West and the Midlands, OnSide has set its sights on developing a national network of Youth Zones, including London with the first being Future Youth Zone in Barking and Dagenham.
The Youth and Community Engagement Worker will continue to engage and consult with young people and other local stakeholders in the development of the Youth Zone, pre-opening. Once the Youth Zone opens, the post-holder will join the Youth Zone delivery team, contributing to a diverse programme of activities for Barking and Dagenham’s young people
– Have a strong desire to work with, support and develop young people;
– Have the ability to effectively engage young people and adults alike, with excellent communication skills;
– Be experienced in Youth work (paid or voluntary) and planning structured youth sessions and activities in a range of settings
– Have practical experience of safeguarding
– Show a great understanding and knowledge of the local area of Barking and Dagenham
– Have the ability to work flexibly
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the development of the Youth Zone and in creating a legacy for young people!
We are also willing to accept applications from individuals who wish to discuss a secondment opportunity of 12 months with their current employer.
The strength of the OnSide Network of Youth Zone is the diversity of its people, we place huge value on different people doing things in different ways and we welcome applications from what might be considered non-traditional backgrounds. The one thing we all have in common is our desire to raise the aspirations of young people across the country.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires a standard DBS check.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Wednesday 4th April 2018
Interview day: Wednesday 11th April 2018
Please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying for this position. In addition, please provide the following information:
1. Details of your current or most recent remuneration package and notice period
2. If you have at any time been convicted of a criminal offence; please provide the details in strict confidence
3. How you found out about this position
4. Whether you hold a current full driving licence
5. If you are applying for the position as part of a secondment arrangement with your current employer